Makes at least 4 portions – 4 syns per portion. If you choose to add an extra tbsp of nooch to top each individual meal it is 6.5 syns per meal.
3 syns for flower
6 syns for olive oil
7.5 for nutritional yeast
Plant milk = healthy extra
4 tbsp Nutritional Yeast (3 for the sauce and one to top each meal if desired)
3 cups (450 g) tomatoes, halved and one pepper thinly sliced
6 cups of macaroni pasta
Frozen sweetcorn (as much as you want)
1 tbsp of Olive oil
8 large cloves garlic, minced/grated
Sea salt, black pepper and smoked paprika
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
3 cups cups of any plant milk, I use coconut alpro milk.
1 cup of veggie stock
- Preheat oven to 200°. Slice tomatoes and peppers, place into baking tray, spray tomatoes in a fry light, season with salt and bake for 20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dish. Once cooked, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook pasta with the sweetcorn. When done, drain, cover and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce. In a large pan, over medium-low heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and the garlic. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir frequently, cooking until thick.
- Stir in 3 tbsp of flour and mix with a whisk. Once combined, slowly whisk in the plant milk a little at a time so clumps don’t form. Add another healthy pinch of salt and black pepper, bring to a simmer and continue cooking for another 5 to 8 minutes to thicken (longer if needed). Add 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast and whisk in. Make up 1 cup of vegetable stock and add it into the sauce.
- If you want an ultra creamy sauce, transfer sauce to a blender to blend the sauce until creamy and smooth. Place back in pan and reduce heat to a low simmer until desired thickness is reached.
- Once the sauce is to your desired thickness, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Then add pasta and roasted tomatoes and stir.
- Place everything into an oven tray, sprinkle with 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast on top and put it into the oven for 15 mins. This thickens it.
- Once it is cooked serve yourself a potion and top with a tbsp on nutrional yeast if you like.
Serve and enjoy.